Manufacturer: Reverie Watches | Price: from $325 USD (Early Bird Pricing)
Established in 2014, Reverie are an independent watch company based in Singapore, that create limited edition timepieces with ornate guilloché dials. Reverie are set to release their new diver range at 14:00(GMT), 27th June 2020 on Kickstarter. Available from as little as $325 USD (early bird price), in three different colourways; Navy Blue, Olive Green and Warm Grey with the likely addition of Burgandy as a stretch goal.
- Dimensions: Diameter – 40mm, Thickness – 11mm, Lug to Lug – 43mm, Lug Width – 20mm
- Movement: Miyota 9039, 28,800vph (4Hz), Hackable, Self Winding, 42hr Power Reserve
- Case Material: Brushed 316L Stainless Steel with Polished Accents
- Bracelet: Brushed 316L Stainless Steel Bracelet, Solid Links, Screw Pins, Milled Clasp
- Crystal: Sapphire, Underside Anti-Reflective Coating
- Bezel: 120 Click Unidirectional, Stainless Steel Insert
- Water Resistance: 200m / 20ATM
- Lume: Swiss Super-LumiNova® BGW9 & C3
- Crown: Screw Down, Signed
- Caseback: Screw Down, Exhibition Display, Unique Serial Number
- Extras: Leather Travel Roll, EPDM Rubber Strap
- Warranty: 2 Years Where to Buy: reveriewatches.com / Reverie Kickstarter Campaign
Statement from Reverie Watches
My vision for Reverie is simple; to produce beautiful watches I want to put on daily. It is thus unsurprising that elegant designs and guilloché dials are prevalent in Reveries' collections, as these are features which attract me to a watch. Mechanical movements are heavily used as well for obvious reasons – they are a marvellous engineering feat. Apart from designing watches, I make it a point to know my customers personally. Reverie is my labour of love and has made me friends from all over the world. I really treasure interactions with everyone who show interest in us and our watches. Hopefully, these will continue for a long time to come.
The Diver Collection
The Diver marries Reverie’s elegant design language with the utilitarian functionality of a dive watch. On the surface, the Diver does not fit within the Reverie stable. There is a seeming disconnect between my preference for elegant design and the rugged nature of a dive watch. Nevertheless, countless revisions were made to the design over the past 2 years and I have succeeded in my very biased opinion! Regardless of my views, the Diver objectively excels over the competition in the following areas:
1. It is one of the thinnest automatic dive watches around – The Diver is only 11mm thick despite having a display case back and an external rotating bezel. For comparison, the Tudor Black Bay is almost 35% thicker (14.8mm) despite having the same 20ATM water resistance.
2. The dial balances visual interest with legibility – our signature guilloché dial is exciting to look at, as it almost shapeshifts under different lighting conditions. Despite this, legibility is maintained by the sector dial layout, bold hands and the contrasting lume colours (blue on the hands and green on the markers). Visual interest and wrist presence are maximised by the various finishes on the case (polished finishing on the flanks, circular brushing on the bezel and straight-line brushing on the case and bracelet).
3. The rotor is beautifully decorated. The graceful Japanese ‘Seigaiha’ pattern (i.e. “blue sea and waves”) is engraved on the rotor as a tribute to the movement’s Japanese roots and the watch’s aquatic theme. A well-decorated rotor is a rarity at this price point where brands usually only engrave their logo (if at all).
4. The bracelet is convenient and supremely comfortable – The bracelet has: (A) a 6mm taper from lug to buckle which minimises weight and improves comfort; (B) micro-adjustments which allows the user to extend & shorten the bracelet by up to 11mm on the go (a rare feature at this price point and a real treat during summer); and (C) tool-less removal so the user can change straps without a tool.
5. Value for money – The earliest of early-bird offers on our Kickstarter campaign is priced at $325 USD, which is honestly a great deal given the specifications and product quality. It is a 35% discount to our retail price of $500 USD. In addition to the above, I trust that the great effort spent on the watch is evident when you see it in the metal. I also hope that you’ll agree that the Diver manages to blend elegance with pragmatism."