Manufacturer: YEMA | Price: $1,049 USD ($1,199 on Bracelet)
MORTEAU (France), 18 June 2020. YEMA goes back in time during this early summer and drives you to the 1960’s by presenting to you the Superman Heritage 63 Limited Edition. A name not picked by accident, as the first Superman timepiece was created in 1963. On this occasion, the french watchmaker brings back this mythical and innovative watch that was at the origin of YEMA’s greatest saga and is offering a limited edition of 1000 pieces both in 39mm and 41mm.
- Dimensions: Diameter – 39/41mm, Thickness – 13mm, Lug Width – 19/20mm
- Movement: Sellita SW200, 28,800vph (4Hz), 26 Jewels, Hackable, Self Winding, 38hr Power Reserve
- Dial: Vintage Sunburst Black, Applied Markers, Arrow Hours & Shovel Seconds Hand
- Case: 316L Stainless Steel Water Resistance: 300m / 30ATM / 990ft
- Bracelet: 316L Stainless Steel, 1970 Vintage Reissue, Milled & Signed Clasp, Diver Extension
- Crystal: 2.6mm Double Domed Sapphire, Underside Anti-Reflective Coating
- Bezel: Sapphire, Unidirectional Count-Up, 0-60 Scale, Aluminium Insert under Sapphire Ring
- Lume: SuperLuminova® C5
- Crown: Screw Down, Signed Caseback: Screw Down
- Warranty: 2 Years Where to Buy: YEMA
Statement from YEMA
“A tribute to the very first Superman. We are at the beginning of the year 1960. The watchmaker YEMA works on a professional diver’s watch concept with the goal to market it to the general public for the first time ever. In 1963, the first Superman was born. This watch sets itself apart with its unique design, its famous bezel-lock and at the same time becomes the first watch of YEMA’s most appealing collection.
A 2017 International Scuba Diving Hall of Fame honoree, Jason is a professional scuba diver and underwater photographer featured in many print publications including the iconic National Geographic. Jason is an iconic figure in the Cayman Islands underwater community, he’s at the origin of several projects which aim at protecting the delicate marine life found in the waters of the Cayman Islands and promoting sustainable tourism. For this unique release, the Superman 63 was designed and thoroughly tested with the support and input of Jason!
In tribute to the trendsetter model of its collection, the Superman Heritage 63 retakes the essential and professional codes of that time. Water resistant up to 300m, and equipped with its iconic bezel-lock mechanism, the Superman Heritage 63 has the same “Skin Diver” hands as the original model. To differentiate this new Heritage timepiece, this limited edition has the iconic “Shovel” seconds hand of YEMA’s iconic divers watches as well as a sapphire bezel to reproduce the shiny effect that the bakelite of that time used to offer.”