Manufacturer: Laco | Price: €980 EUR (€930 on Rubber) $1,100 USD, £880 GBP approx))
Introducing the Laco Atlantik MB Sports Watch. Given the history of Laco aviator and maritime watches, it was only a matter of time before Laco developed a sports watch, or as Laco call it, a squad watch. This entailed Laco meeting high standards especially for outdoor use. When all is said and done, the characteristics of quality, robustness, and clear design have always been the main focus of a Laco watch. In close cooperation with fire departments, the police, and the army it resulted in an uncompromising mechanical watch made in Germany. With a sports watch Laco offer a robust solution for daily use in the harshest of conditions, combined with a simple yet unique design. The names of the four models are Himalaya, Amazonas, Atlantik and Mojave.
- Dimensions: Case Diameter – 42.2mm, Thickness – 13.2mm, Lug to Lug – 50.4mm, Lug Width – 20mm
- Movement: ETA 2824-2 Elaboré Automatic, 28,800vph, 25 Jewels, Hackable, Self Winding, 38hr Power Reserve
- Case Material: Fully Brushed 316L Stainless Steel
- Weight: 162g on Bracelet (Sized) Extras: Black Presentation Watch Box, Free Engraving
- Bracelet: Fully Brushed 316L Stainless Steel, Solid End-Links, Milled & Signed Clasp
- Crystal: Double Domed Sapphire, AR Coating
- Bezel: 60 Click Unidirectional, Ceramic
- Water Resistance: 30ATM / 300m / 990ft
- Lume: Swiss Super Luminova® C3
- Crown: Signed, Screw Down Caseback: Screw Down Stainless Steel, Deeply Stamped Scorpion Logo
- Warranty: 2 Years Where to Buy: Laco
- Options: Colour Accents: Blue, Green, Orange | Movement: ETA 2824-2 Elaboré / ETA 2824-2 Top Grade (+€130) Straps: Fully Brushed Stainless Steel Bracelet / Colour Matched Rubber NATO / Black Rubber (-€50 on Rubber)
Laco - The Company
From 1925 to Present Day - Timepieces with a Distinct Character
The bracelet of the Atlantik is extremely well made and has all the features that you could possibly want; solid end links, push pin links for resizing and a signed milled clasp. The links are entirely brushed and match the case perfectly. The milled clasp has a fold-over locking mechanism as well as the twin push-button release on the sides. There are also three micro-adjustment holes to make sure you get a great fit.
As previously mentioned, the entire watch is built like a tank and the bracelet matches, the fit & finish on the Atlantik is up there with the best I’ve seen. If you are thinking of buying this watch, and to be honest you should be, I’d recommend that you buy it with the bracelet. It’s definitely worth it.
The chosen movement for the Laco Atlantik MB is the Swiss Made ETA 2824-2 Elaboré Automatic. The 2824-2 is a 28,800vph, 25 jewel movement. Checking the accuracy after running the Atlantik for around a week, mainly on my wrist and occasionally in my Barrington Watch Winder, I was extremely happy with the results, with it showing an average of +5.5spd, just outside of Contrôle Officiel Suisse des Chronomètres (COSC) spec.
Dial & Bezel
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED – 9 / 10