Manufacturer: Aerotec | Price: €250 EUR ($280 USD, £225 GBP approx)
Introducing the Aerotec Sea Hunt Diver, a vintage inspired dive watch. The Sea Hunt features a stainless steel case, unidirectional ceramic bezel, Italian aged leather strap and C3 Super Luminova. The Sea Hunt conveys Aerotec’s commitment to definitive style with timeless roots. The smooth sweep Miyota 9015 automatic movement and domed sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating stay true to the quality and aesthetic of Aerotec.
- Dimensions: Case Diameter – 40mm, Thickness – 14.1mm, Lug to Lug – 48mm, Lug Width – 20mm
- Movement: Miyota 9015 Automatic, 28,800vph (4Hz), Hackable, Self Winding, 42hr Power Reserve
- Case Material: Fully Brushed 316L Stainless Steel
- Weight: 165g on Bracelet (Sized) Extras: Leather & NATO Straps
- Bracelet: Brushed 316L Stainless Steel, Solid End-Links, Screw-Pins, Signed Clasp
- Crystal: Double Domed Sapphire, AR Coating
- Bezel: 120 Click Unidirectional, Ceramic
- Water Resistance: 50ATM / 500m
- Lume: Swiss Super Luminova® C3
- Crown: Signed, Screw Down Caseback: Screw Down, Stainless Steel, Small Display Window
- Warranty: 2 Years, International Where to Buy: Pre-Order on Kickstarter from August 2019
- Options: Colours: Blue, Burgundy, Meteorite
The case of the Sea Hunt is 40mm. The lug to lug is 48mm and the overall thickness, including the double domed sapphire crystal I measured at 14.1mm. The entire case, bezel, caseback, crown and bracelet are all 316L stainless steel. The Sea Hunt also has a water resistance rating of 500m / 50 ATM, thanks to the screw-down caseback & crown.
Bracelet / Straps
The chosen movement for the Aerotec Sea Hunt is the smooth sweep, high beat, ultra-reliable Miyota 9015. The 9015 is a slim Japanese made 28,800vph, 24 jewel movement regularly compared to the Swiss made ETA 2824-2. Checking the accuracy after running the Sea Hunt for around a week, mainly in my Barrington Watch Winder, I was happy with the results, still within tolerances with it showing an average of +9.2spd.
Dial & Bezel
RECOMMENDED – 7.5 / 10 (The Sea Hunt would get a higher score if the small niggles are ironed out for the final production models).