Manufacturer: EMG Watches | Price: $450 USD (£345 GBP, €400 EUR approx)
- Dimensions: Case Diameter – 40mm, Thickness – 13.5mm, Lug to Lug – 47mm, Lug Width – 20mm (Drilled Lugs)
- Movement: Miyota 90S5 Automatic, Hackable & Self Winding
- Case Material: Brushed 316L Stainless Steel with Polished Sides
- Weight: 150g on Bracelet Extras: Watch Roll
- Bracelet: Beads of Rice
- Crystal: Domed Sapphire, AR Coating
- Bezel: 120 Click Unidirectional, Ceramic, Lumed
- Water Resistance: 20ATM / 200m / 660ft
- Lume: Super Luminova C3 X1
- Crown: Screw Down Caseback: Screw Down Stainless Steel
- Warranty: 2 Years Where to Buy: emgwatches.com
- Options: Dial Colour – Black / Denim Blue / Green / Powder Blue / White / Yellow
Delivery & Packaging
Delivery of the Nemo took 5 days to arrive in the UK from Hong Kong. EMG offer free worldwide shipping with all their watches. The packaging is simple yet very useful. A cylinder cardboard tube with the HKED and Nemo logo holds a very nice watch roll capable of holding 5 watches. Inside is the watch and that’s it. No extra’s, not even a warranty card. Either way, your invoice is proof and confirms the date of your purchase for any warranty purposes.
The Nemo is a watch that sits right in the sweet-spot of 40mm with a lug to lug distance of 47mm which will fit a wide variety of wrist sizes. The case is a mixture of brushed and polished surfaces with just the sides polished and everywhere else brushed. The case back is a solid screw down affair with the specs and a giant squid engraved into it. The entire case is made of 316L stainless steel and with the lugs being drilled making the Nemo a strap monster!
The finishing of the Nemo is superb although I would have preferred if it was brushed everywhere with small polished accents for a more tool-like aesthetic as I’ve always thought too much polished areas will just mean more scratches after a couple of years of ownership. It isn’t too much though as when you look directly at the watch when on wrist you can’t see any of the polishing. It does however, perfectly match the included beads of rice bracelet.
Dial & Bezel
This version of the Nemo has a 120 click unidirectional bezel with a matt ceramic lumed insert. It is of fantastic quality with everything lining up perfectly. The bezel action is absolutely rock solid with zero back-play. The dial has very neatly applied indices with heaps of lume as do the minute and hour hands. The text and applied HKED logo are all very neatly done. I have stared at the dial & bezel for a long time since getting the watch just to see if I can spot any discrepancies. Simply put, there are none.