Manufacturer: Alkin | Price: from £325 GBP | Release Date: 30th June 2020
Alkin based in Bristol, United Kingdom were born out of a long-held desire to build a watch brand uncompromising in its core values of high quality, democratic design that will stand the test of time. Alkin are set to release their new compressor style diver, the Model Two, at 16:00 (GMT+1), 30th June 2020. Available from as little as £325 GBP (first 50 watches), in three different colourways; Blue, Black and White (fully lumed dial).
- Dimensions: Diameter – 41mm, Thickness – 12.8mm, Lug to Lug – 48mm, Lug Width – 20mm
- Movement: Miyota 9039, 28,800vph (4Hz), Hackable, Self Winding, 42hr Power Reserve
- Case Material: Brushed 316L Stainless Steel
- Bracelet: Brushed 316L Stainless Steel Bracelet, Solid Links, Screw Pins, Milled Clasp
- Crystal: Sapphire, Underside Anti-Reflective Coating
- Bezel: Internal Bidirectional
- Water Resistance: 300m / 30ATM / 990ft
- Lume: Swiss Super-LumiNova® BGW9
- Crowns: x2, Screw Down Caseback: Screw Down, Exhibition Display
- Extras: Leather Travel Pouch Where to Buy: alkinwatches.com
Statement from Alkin
All elements of the watch have been distilled down to create a visually balanced piece that offers maximum legibility, functionality and versatility. The 41mm brushed stainless steel case has a utilitarian style with proportions that give it a presence on the wrist without being too bulky. The short lugs (48mm overall) reach down to hug the wrist, helping to balance out the slightly larger case diameter. To once again reflect the updated nod to tradition, the ‘hatching’ design on the crown that controls the bezel, has been laser etched, instead of machined.
To create a sense of ‘depth’ in the dial design, the model two employs a sandwich construction, with the hour indices cut out to expose the lower dial. This is further enhanced by a stepped rotating inner bezel being set 1.4mm above the face of the dial, creating a more contemporary and robust look. The Model Two will ship on a brushed stainless steel bracelet with fully articulating solid links, solid endlinks and a milled clasp. Adjustment links are secured by screw pins and a six stop micro adjustment allows you to achieve a perfect fit."